Many people don’t like lawyers.
This is presumably based on negative experiences, or just a general perception that many attorneys are greedy, manipulative, and arrogant.
In his first year of practice, a client commented to Ken, “You don’t seem like a lawyer”. In one form or another this observation has been made to Ken countless times during his over 29 years in practice. Ken views it as a compliment!
Lawyers can be nice people. Lawyers can be ethical and fair. Lawyers can explain complicated legal concepts and documents to clients in plain, easy to understand language. Lawyers don’t have fall into the negative stereotype that the profession has earned for itself. Lawyers can return phone calls!
Ken is this kind of lawyer.
It is truly a joy to live and work in a small town. Life seems a bit slower away from the supercharged big cities. We use first names here, coats and ties are saved for the occasional trip to court, and clients are welcome to drop by the office just to say hello.
- Ken is a member and Past-President of the Rotary Club of Sebastopol
- Ken is a Past Chair and served two terms on the City of Sebastopol Planning Commission
- Ken is a member and a Past-President of the Sebastopol Chamber of Commerce
- Ken is a former Pro-Temp Small Claims Judge
- Ken has served on many local non-profit boards and committees
Ken is a graduate of U.C. Berkeley, and the University of Washington Law School.
Since 1998 Ken has been qualified by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization as a CERTIFIED SPECIALIST in Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Law.
A Certified Specialist is much more than an attorney who just practices in a particular area of law. A Certified Specialist must have:
- Passed of a written examination in the legal specialty area
- Completed continuing education in the specialty area greater than that required of general licensees of the bar
- Demonstration of a broad-based and comprehensive experience in the specialty area based on completion of a variety of matters in the specialty area
- Received favorable evaluations by other attorneys and judges familiar with the attorney’s work in the specialty area of law
There are only about 20 attorneys certified as specialists in Estate Planning, Trust & Probate Law practicing in Sonoma County. Please visit the State Bar of California Program for Certifying Legal Specialists.